Senior Registry Administrator
Employer: Royal Agricultural University
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Senior Registry Administrator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Cirencester. GL7 6JS
Salary: £25,138 – £29,605 per annum depending on qualifications/ experience.
The Royal Agricultural University “RAU” has been at the forefront of agricultural education for over 175 years and is globally renowned for its links with industry and courses that are designed to meet the demands of the changing land-based sector.
As one of the UK’s smallest universities, we are ideally people-centred and agile: students and staff alike are names, not numbers. As well as creating a pleasant working environment, this also means that we advance projects promptly, with clarity on lines of support for colleagues in supporting the University’s mission.
Working within the Registry team, the post holder will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of student records, the administration of the assessment lifecycle, responding to staff and student requests on the application and interpretation of University policies and University Regulations for all students at the Royal Agricultural University (RAU).
- Providing experienced and affective administration for key areas of Registry operations at the RAU, in particular supporting the; Administration of assessments for our international partners, collaborative partners and RAU home students.
- Administration of awards and prizes.
- Administration of requests for extensions or deferrals Reviewed January 2024
- Administration and maintenance of the student records and student record system configuration
- Assist with the administration of scholarships, student funding and timetabling.
- Providing accurate advice and guidance to resolve enquiries, in person, by telephone and by email from staff, students and external enquirers, sign posting to others where necessary.
- Reporting and analysing the root cause of queries; working with Academic Services staff, and colleagues from across the University to devise solutions.
- Supporting the Assessment and Curriculum Manager with the effective administration of the end-to-end assessment lifecycle of assessments for our international partners, collaborative partners and RAU home students working with attention to detail and ensuring accurate data entry and communication at all stages.
- Supporting the Assessment and Curriculum Manager in creating and maintaining module assessment records in the student record system as a single source of truth; ensuring total alignment with the academic regulations and the definitive module specification for each module.
- Maintaining student records, curriculum records, and assessment records in the student record system; identifying incomplete records and chasing and inputting missing information.
- Accurately monitoring and reporting student status information (interruptions, transfers, suspensions, withdrawals), including preparing information on student registration for the purposes of invoicing collaborative partner institutions
- Assist with the organisation and administration of major activities and events including registration, graduation and matriculation.
- Provide advice and guidance to prospective students and applicants at Open Days
- Deal with requests for replacement ID cards and confirmation letters for students, and ex-students, including- when required- the production of replacement transcripts and certificates.
- Providing administrative support for all areas of Registry operations as required.
- Undertaking general administrative duties to support the wider department, or the university, as appropriate at key points of activity.
- GCSE C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent experience
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Sound level of competence in Microsoft Office applications
- Data analysis and management skills: confidence using Microsoft Excel to analyse and interrogate data.
- Experience using complex databases to support records management and administration.
- Experience using student records systems (e.g. Quercus, Banner, SITS)
- Organisation skills: the ability to plan work and use initiative to manage and organise own workload.
- Customer service skills: an understanding of good customer service and ability to meet customer needs.
- Clear communication skills: an ability to adjust communication style and approach in response to the format and audience.
- Flexibility: an ability to manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy and to maintain accuracy in a busy environment
- Familiarity with the principles of confidentiality and data privacy, knowledge of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, please click apply to be redirected to their website where you can complete your application.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Note to Job Seekers:
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Cirencester with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!