Employer: Harris Federation
Location: Not Specified
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Working With Us
The vision of Harris Academy Clapham is a simple one. From our opening in September 2020, our academy is a place where ‘everything is possible’.
The Clapham curriculum is designed to meet the needs, aspirations and abilities of every one of our students. Our aim is to improve their life chances and enable them to make a positive contribution to the city and world in which they live.
At Harris Clapham, the curriculum is delivered through high-quality teaching. This is codified in our research-informed approach to pedagogy, which we call the Clapham Way. The following principles apply in our curriculum:
- Subject specific knowledge and skills come first
- Embedding and building on the basics – ensuring that every student acquires the vocabulary, literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to fully participate in society
- The curriculum must be rigorous and relevant by engaging with the best of what has been thought and said and acknowledging that knowledge is fluid and can be contested
- The curriculum must prepare for life in modern Britain and beyond, and enable Clapham students to understand their rights and fulfil their responsibilities under the Equality Act.
Through the Clapham academic, enrichment and pastoral curriculum we expect our students to develop powerful knowledge and the following values and character attributes that will enable them to achieve our vision that ‘Everything is Possible’.
Endeavour for excellence
- Learning to work hard and relish challenge.
- Learning to never give up.
- Learning to take sensible risks.
- Learning to always strive for the best for themselves and each other.
Integrity and honesty
- Always acting with kindness.
- Treating others the way they would like to be treated.
Self-belief with a global view
- Growing to have the agency to achieve their ambitions for themselves and the wider world.
Our staff are supported in their work and in developing their future careers via:
- A centralised behaviour system, with each year group supported by non-teaching pastoral leaders
- A programme of instructional coaching, supported by the Step Lab platform
- Access to a wide range of National Professional Qualifications delivered by the Institute of Teaching
- Federation subject consultant support
- Harris Federation professional development training days and networking support.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the whole School Improvement Plan
- Contributing to the development of effective monitoring and evaluation of pastoral systems
- Contributing to planning programmes of intervention for those students who show significant underachievement and barriers to learning
- Contributing to leadership team meetings with detailed weekly behaviour analysis and actions
- Tracking and monitoring behaviour interventions
- Participating in the development and implementation of strategies to maintain acceptable student behaviour
- The management of student behaviour within the year group
- Developing and managing systems for the monitoring and tracking of students out of lessons
- Motivating and rewarding students
- Participating in year group assemblies
- Leading the development of effective relationships with parents
- Establishing and maintaining effective administration systems
- Leading in the development of robust and effective student welfare strategies
- Developing and implementing effective strategies for conflict resolution
- The implementation and monitoring of the academy’s policy on uniform within the year group
- In the event of very serious incidents, collating of information for disciplinary action
- Establishing systems for the support and guidance of students during examinations
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with outside agencies who may become involved with individual students.
- Leading in student welfare meetings with external agencies or other school groups
What We are Looking For
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- A good standard of education
- Evidence of pastoral related training
- Evidence of recent relevant ICT training
- Current First Aid certification, or willingness to undergo training
- Current mini-bus licence or willingness to undergo training to get one
- Experience of working with students from the 11-16 age range
- Experience of using ICT to monitor attendance and punctuality, or willingness to undergo training
- Experience of developing student autonomy through strategies such as peer mentoring
- Experience of using extra-curricular activities to enhance motivation and attainment
- Experience of raising levels of attendance and punctuality through rigorous monitoring, reporting and follow-up action
- Experience of using ICT for curriculum and administration purposes
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
Applying for this Position
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our we
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Note to Job Seekers:
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Not Specified with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!