Lecturer in English
Employer: Imperial Workforce
Location: Not Specified
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Title: Lecturer in EnglishContract: Full-Time, PermanentSalary: up to £41,874 per annum Job Purpose:
To plan and deliver a wide range of challenging, relevant learning and work experiences that ensure all learners can develop and apply the skills, knowledge, behaviours, and attitudes required for the 21st Century learning, life, and work.
Responsibilities:Plan a program of study for English that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of all students.
- Employ a variety of teaching techniques and resources consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, the physical limitations of the space provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Plan and deliver a suitable Assessment Programme ensuring marked work meets Middlesbrough College Standards.
- Be prepared to offer pastoral support and deliver a suitable tutorial programme to students in line with the college’s tutorial standards.
- Implement Middlesbrough College’s Core Values through the delivery of the Middlesbrough College teaching and learning Strategy.
- Utilise diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic achievement.
- Participate in Interval Verification requirements including the preparation for Awarding Body visits.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to assure health and safety is followed in the laboratory setting for all students.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by Middlesbrough College and any statutory regulators including but not limited to Awarding Bodies, Funding Bodies and / or Government Departments.
- Implement all College policies and procedures governing student life and conduct.
- Make provision for being available to students and / or to their parents for education-related purposes outside of the teaching day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Maintain and improve professional relationships with colleagues.
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities including relevant industrial updating.
- Start classes on time.
- Give good notice of any absence.
- Keep up to date with development in the subject area.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date registers.
- Maintain and update college tracking documents.
- Be involved in any inspection of the College e.g., Ofsted.
- Be involved in the College’s Quality Assurance arrangements e.g., induction, lesson observations, performance reviews and gathering / analysing feedback from students with a view to implementing continual improvement to courses on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to the general standards of conduct embodied in various College policies and procedures.
- To attend and contribute to curriculum team meetings, tutor, and area team meetings where applicable.
- To work closely with colleagues in developing and improving the current curriculum offer and intent for programmes you teach on.
- To partake in marketing and recruitment activities including open evenings, school tasters and visits, student profiling for publications, interview, induction, awards evenings, results day, and enrolment etc.
- To actively prepare all students for life beyond college, including higher education and training and employment.
- To support and promote equality and diversity to ensure quality of opportunity for all students, visitors and staff and the elimination of discriminatory practices.
- To maintain and promote a healthy and safe environment to ensure students, visitors and staff are safe from harm.
- To support and promote the safeguarding of all students, visitors, and staff.
- The post holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonable required and in addition to the main tasks identified above, this may include course co-ordination.
- Within the limitation set out in the contract of employment, working hours are flexible and can be subject to variation depending upon curriculum needs.
- This Job Description is current at the date shown below and in consultation with you and your Trade Union Representative (if applicable), it is liable to variation to reflect or anticipate changes in, or to, the College environment.
- To be a qualified Teacher
- To hold a relevant Degree, or equivalent.
- GCSEs at Grade C / Level 4 or above in English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience of teaching GCSE and Functional Skills ranging from Entry Level to Level 2 and experience of delivering exam-based qualifications- Essential
- Experience of providing pastoral support, e.g., personal tutor, wellbeing support to learners – Desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Current knowledge of the Ofsted EIF, and the impact of this on classroom delivery.
- Evidence of disseminating good practice effectively.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff.
- The ability to prepare high quality teaching materials including the effective use of Information Learning Technology supported by key software.
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers, and other external agencies where necessaryPlease contact Jordan at Imperial for more information.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Note to Job Seekers:
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Not Specified with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!