Employer: Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust have an exciting opportunity for an KS2 Class Teacher to join the team!
Location: Wenlock Church of England Academy, Bedfordshire
Salary: Teacher Pay Scale
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
The Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust (DSAMAT) was established in October 2016 and has grown to be the largest Church of England Trust in the Diocese of St Albans. The Trust has a clear mission at its core, ensuring that all pupils are enabled to flourish, rooted in God’s Love – academically, socially, spiritually, physically and mentally.
This is central to our work and rooted in our Christian foundation (John 10 v 10). Our commitment to mutual flourishing within the school community is built upon our shared belief in Church of England principles, and we are committed to ensuring the whole community flourishes in our Trust, not just the pupils, but also the staff, our governors and the wider school family.
The Trust has a clear vision which shapes its work; Enabling all to flourish: Rooted in God’s Love. And together our academies work to be places of; Hope; Nurture; Equality; Respect; Collaboration.
All employees of the Trust are expected to commit to the vision and values of the DSAMAT and demonstrate them throughout their work.
KS2 Class Teacher – The Role:
Wenlock CE Academy is looking to appoint a class teacher who is flexible and prepared to work across two classes for the remainder of this academic year and to take full responsibility for a class in September 2024. This is a unique opportunity to work with two senior teaching team members.
We are seeking an inspiring, innovative teacher who can drive progression and bring out the best in our pupils. Your role will be pivotal, collaborating with other class teachers to plan, assess, and deliver engaging lessons through quality first teaching. Your passion for teaching and leading a curriculum subject will be nurtured and supported in this role. Aspirational leaders are encouraged to apply.
KS2 Class Teacher – Key Responsibilities:
– Fulfil the duties of a teacher as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
– Establish a purposeful learning environment where children and young people feel secure and confident, where diversity is celebrated and where there are opportunities to maximise teaching and learning
– Teach clearly structured lessons that interests and motivates children, using a variety
of teaching and learning strategies
– Be aware of the needs of all pupils and their prior knowledge and differentiate/adapt learning opportunities accordingly, supporting, stretching and engaging them
– Read and comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy, reporting incidents and concerns in alignment with the policy
– Manage classes effectively using approaches appropriate to the pupil’s needs to inspire, motivate and challenge
KS2 Class Teacher – You:
– UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
– PGCE or equivalent
– Sustained teaching experience in KS2
– Understanding of Safeguarding responsibilities – displays commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
– Basic knowledge of First Aid
– Excellent knowledge and sound understanding of the National Curriculum
– Understanding of the school’s ethos and values
– Ability to use assessment for learning and experience of using pupil data to evaluate and improve pupil progress
Why work for us
We value the contribution our employees make to the on-going success of our family of schools and we aim to support individuals in achieving a healthy work-life balance, in order that they may flourish both professionally and personally.
– Increased career development prospects and promotion through being part of our expanding Trust
– Collaborative, supportive environment with networking across the Trust
– Employee Assistance Programme for support and guidance on health and wellbeing matters
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
We strongly encourage suitably qualified and eligible applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join us to help us meet our aspirations of being a fully inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated.
The Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pre-employment checks including verification of identity, Right to Work in the UK, receipt of written references that are satisfactory to us, online searches, medical clearance and a successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To submit your application for this exciting KS2 Class Teacher opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Luton with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!
Interested in advertising your job vacancies on GovernorHelp? Get in touch with our team to find out more details.
Stay up to date with our latest news, top tips and exclusive offers