Employer: Buckinghamshire College Group
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Buckinghamshire College Group have an exciting opportunity for an Industry Placement Officer to join the team.
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire (with visits to Wycombe, Aylesbury, and any other necessary travel)
Salary: £25,653.00 per annum (pro-rata) + benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 37 hours per week / 52 weeks a year
Buckinghamshire College Group is a Further Education college with three campuses located in Aylesbury, Amersham and Wycombe. We are proud to be a skills-based college assisting over 5000 learners each year to achieve their study and career goals and play a pivotal role in the Buckinghamshire community working with a wide range of employers for example, Pinewood Studios, NHS Trusts and Flannery Plant Hire to name but a few.
You will have an unwavering passion for learning and for helping learners and staff to achieve more than they ever thought possible – we call this the Bucks College Factor!
Industry Placement Officer – Why us
While working at Buckinghamshire College Group you can also take advantage of a host of employee benefits including:
– Pension scheme – LGPS (21% employer contribution)
– 30 days holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays & Additional annual leave purchase scheme
– A wide range of learning – access to free training & continuous professional development
– A bespoke package of intensive induction and probation advice
– Flexible working policy and a dedication to employee wellbeing
– Discounts in the Aylesbury Day Nursery & Aylesbury Salon Intuition
– 24hrs/7days a week access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
– Cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
Industry Placement Officer – The Role:
You will be developing and co-ordinating high quality work placement opportunities for learners on 16-19 study programmes. You will be generating new placement opportunities, as well as being the key point of contact for employers, whilst they host a student on work placement. This role requires liaison with learners, employers and curriculum staff.
Industry Placement Officer – Key Responsibilities:
– Sourcing new placement and work experience opportunities, as well as being the key point of contact for employers, whilst they host a student on work placement
– Establishing and developing strong relationships with employers and having a clear dedication to ensure that these relationships are sustainable
– Liaising with teaching staff to ensure that work placements helps learners progress in both their technical and work readiness skills
Industry Placement Officer – You:
– 5 GCSES at Grade 4/ C or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics
– You must be able to provide evidence of a level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics, or be willing to undertake the qualification whilst in post
– Educated to a Level 3 standard (e.g. A Level standard) L3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (or old equivalent)
BCG is dedicated to equal opportunities for all, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and staff alike; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if we receive sufficient applications or source a suitable candidate. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 29th February 2024 with interviews expected to take place on Friday 15th March 2024.
To submit your application for this exciting Industry Placement Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Amersham with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!
Interested in advertising your job vacancies on GovernorHelp? Get in touch with our team to find out more details.
Stay up to date with our latest news, top tips and exclusive offers