Employer: Harris Federation
Location: Not Specified
Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Working With Us
Our core values of determination, integrity, curiosity and empathyinspire and nurture a passion for learning and success with a strong sense of inclusivity, individuality and responsibility. We use our voices purposefully as global citizens.
The foundations of achieving our vision are:
- Outstanding curriculum, with outstanding quality and breadth of education
- Exceptional teacherswho support students’ passion for learning with the toolsfor success for every individual
- Relationships, routines and recognitionthat lead to a sense of belonging, wellbeing, mutual respect and exemplary behaviour both within Harris Lowe Academy Willesden and in our local community
- Post-16excellence with a broad range of pathways, sporting academies and inspiring student leaders
- Arts and sportsspecialisms that embed essential skills and enable exceptional performance
Ourmoral purposeis to ensure our students and staff have access to the best possible futures and contribute positively to society through an outstanding careers/development programme, excellent leadership, and coaching.
From its origins as the first city academy, the exceptional education we provide takes advantage of the opportunities offered by our privileged location and facilities in the most vibrant, multi-cultural city in the world. The enthusiasm, discipline and ambition of our students combined with the high expectations, outstanding teaching and creative dedication of our staff makes our vision a reality.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting ALG in the management and development of attendance and punctuality policies
- Daily monitoring and follow-up of attendance and punctuality
- Participating on late desk and follow up detentions
- Contacting parents/carers of students absent at agreed time and recording reasons for absence if given
- Daily monitoring and early calls on the attendance of children in care or students on the vulnerable list
- Making home visits with the Academy welfare manager as required
- Sending letters to parents regarding attendance matters as requested by the Academy Welfare Manager
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the computerised registration system
- Ensuring daily attendance information is entered accurately onto the system
- Establishing the reason for absences including telephone calls, letters and home visits
- Preparing and distributing attendance and punctuality certificates
- Following up on poor attendance or punctuality
- Signing students in and out of the Academy outside normal start and finish times
- Liaising with the Educational Welfare Officer to ensure prompt, consistent and rigorous intervention with poor attendance
- Monitoring student attendance together with students’ progress and performance in relation to targets set for each individual
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with referrals on attendance concerns
- Alerting appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and making recommendations as to how these may be resolved
- Communicating with the parents of students and with persons or bodies outside the Academy concerned with the welfare of individual students
- Meeting with LAC students weekly and pass on any relevant information regarding their welfare
What We are Looking For
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to degree standard or equivalent
- Sound Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems for input and export of student attendance data, including training in relation to attendance and report generation
- Knowledge of attendance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the range of agencies that work with students and their families
- Basic knowledge of first aid; e.g. emergency first aid course
- Knowledge of a range of attendance codes and when they can be used
- Knowledge of many of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Three years’ experience of working in an inner-city school or educational establishment
- Experience of working with Academy welfare officer
- Experience of meeting with parents/carers formally and informally
- Experience of managing attendance systems
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of working with young people, including those with challenging behaviour
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
Applying for this Position
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includesour Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, and many other benefits. Learn more aboutour benefitson our website.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY NOW button. You will be re-directed to the advertiser of the vacancy where you can submit your job application.
Note to Job Seekers:
Apply for this job vacancy via the GovernorHelp job board today. You can find other jobs in Not Specified with our simple job search features. Don’t forget to follow GovernorHelp on Twitter. GovernorHelp is here to provide help for school governors and support for education leaders. Remember to try our helpful G-Bot chatbot tool which helps you answer your governance questions and save time on your admin tasks. Thanks for using GovernorHelp and good luck with your job search!